- 1 ½ lbs raw ground chicken breast (if you have trouble finding ground chicken that is breast meat only, do what I do and throw the same weight of boneless, skinless chicken breasts into the food processor and run until ground)
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- ¾ teaspoon dried basil
- ¾ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¾ teaspoon oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ a small onion, chopped small or grated
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup pasta sauce
- ¾ cup 2% reduced fat shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Optional: dried parsley, oregano or basil for garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 350. Lightly mist a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, egg, egg whites, breadcrumbs, basil, thyme, oregano, garlic, onion, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese and lightly mix together. Do not over handle.
- Form the meat mixture evenly into the 12 cups of your prepared muffin tin. Spread the pasta sauce evenly over the tops of each muffin.
- Bake for 20 minutes and remove from the oven. Top each muffin with about a tablespoon of shredded cheese and then return to the oven for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish if desired.
WEIGHT WATCHERS SMARTPOINTS: 4
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PLUS: 4
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER MUFFIN:
147 calories, 6 g carbs, 2 g sugars, 5 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 18 g protein, 0 g fiber