- 2 egg whites (¼ cup)
- ¼ cup chopped tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 Thomas’ Hearty Grains Honey Wheat English Muffin, toasted or your favorite English Muffin
- 2 teaspoons reduced sugar preserves or jam (see shopping tip) use your favorite flavor
- 1 thin slice ham or turkey ham about ½ ounce
- ½ ounce (½ slice) reduced-fat Jarlsberg, Swiss, Havarti, or mozzarella cheese
1. Pour 2 egg whites into a custard cup or small bowl to create a round shape. Add the tomatoes and onions. Cover the top of the dish with a microwave-safe plate and place in microwave for 2-2½ minutes until cook through.
2. In the meantime, toast the English muffin and spread the inside of both pieces with preserves.
3. Carefully remove the cooked eggs by running a spoon over the bottom of the eggs to lift out of the custard cup. Place on top of the bottom half of the English muffin over the preserves. Top with ham and then cheese. Place the remaining piece of English muffin on top. Heat in microwave about 30-40 seconds until cheese is melted.
4. Serve at once.
PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE BUTTON BELOW FOR THE RECIPE AND INSTRUCTIONS.