- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and patted with paper towels to dry
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
After drying chickpeas, toss in a bowl with olive oil and salt. Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, until crunchy and golden.
Combine the remaining spices and sprinkle over the roasted chickpeas. Allow to cool slightly and enjoy!
If desired, loosely tint foil over the chickpeas to prevent popping while in the oven.
Yields: 6 servings | Calories: 139 | Total Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 368mg | Carbohydrates: 16g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Protein: 5g | SmartPoints: 4