These roasted spiced nuts are very crispy on the outside due to the egg white coating. They are fantastic as an gluten-free snack or sweet and savory nibble before a meal or try tossing them into a salad for crunch and flavor.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 1/2 cups
- 1 cup raw pecan halves
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts or macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, optional coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or cooking spray.
- Mix olive oil, maple syrup, salt, cayenne pepper, salt and chili powder in a bowl until combined and then toss in the nuts to coat evenly.
- Spread in an even layer on the baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so to move nuts around.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Enjoy!
Yields: 12 Servings | Serving Size: 1/4 cup | Calories: 155 | Total Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 59mg | Carbohydrates: 6g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Protein: 3g
SmartPoints (Freestyle): 5