For 4 to 5 people
Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb beef liver
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter
- oil, to taste
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh sage, minced
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon minced Italian parsley
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in the bag.
- Slice the liver into 1/2 inch strips and shake in the bag of seasonings to coat.
- Set aside.
- Heat skillet with 2-3 tablespoons of butter and a dash of oil.
- Saute the onions on medium heat until tender and glossy.
- Transfer to the side dish and sprinkle with sage, salt, and pepper.
- Return skillet to high heat, add 3-4 tablespoons butter and dash of oil.
- Add liver and sear 5 minutes until brown.
- Inside meat should be slightly pink.
- Return onions to pan til heated.
- Remove liver and onions from pan and plate.
- Use stock and wine to deglaze the pan and reduce liquid til you have a thickened sauce.
- Pour over liver and onions, sprinkle with parsley and serve.